Thursday, 4 April 2013

Looking for something.

Hungry?

It seems as if I'm always looking for something, besides the car keys; a great meal, the perfect peach, a beautiful dress, amazing service, a fabulous glass of wine. It's not that I'm not satisfied. I am, happy and grateful for the life I lead,it's just that I'm curious, and want to pack in as much as I can in this life that I have.

And wanting to write as always been a secret goal of mine. So, here I am, and what's this all about?

Forage-intransitive verb "to wander in search of food." However, I will also add; wonderful stores that sell you things you really want to buy operated by people who really want to serve you, ditto restaurants, some may be expensive and fabulous, others may be just fabulous and not expensive; the food will be sublime cooked by happy people who love what they do and served by people who are just as happy to serve you the wonderful food. Or maybe it might be a story about best fried doughnut I've ever eaten. Do people even remember fried doughnuts? A restaurant, a store, a product, an artist, a concept, a friend. The point is for me to get writing,so here it is, here I go.

The first place that you need to go to is Monforte Dairy, the restaurant, 80 Wellington St. Stratford On. I was at their opening party last weekend, the food was delicious and simple, which is a good thing in this overly complicated, technological world in which we live. The restaurant is like an Italian Osteria, simple food, simple wine, not a lot of choice, but it's sturdy and dependable like an old kitchen table, and Ruth from Monforte is an amazing woman and wouldn't put her name towards anything but delicious. I like the interior too, comfortable, cozy but not pretentious. If you're into bling, and enjoy techno. and judge a bottle of wine by the cost of a bottle. (which reminds me of a blind date that I had once...) than don't bother going to Monforte restaurant, you will be grumpy, and then you'll ruin my lunch by upsetting the server, who was really happy before you walked in...But if you like and appreciate real food, then go, have a glass of wine, some lunch, and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment